Things I Learned Last Week
– Never underestimate the terror a small pig who is innocently minding his own business can strike into a horse fifty times its size and on the other side of a fence#
– Never try to catch a horse when you are in a hurry. They know, they always bloody know
– Unless you enjoy playing the equestrian version of wheres wally, don’t drop a thumb tack into a bed full of shavings
– Three cups of tea with two sugars in each and a can of lucozade before lunch is never a good idea unless you want to be in a coma by 3pm
– The more you hate wasps the more likely it is that they will gravitate towards you
– The company who think they have invented ‘stain resistant’ jods really should have had me as a pre release product tester #fail
– A horse grows in height by at least a hand when you have to mount from the ground
– Warm wet weather leads to the horrible choice of sweating inside a raincoat or getting soaked on the outside without a raincoat.
– If the war against obesity, diabetes and ill health is to work we really need to find a way to make healthy stuff taste like KFC skin or chocolate.
– Cats and dogs will always lie down in the most likely place for you to trip over them
– It is impossible not to spend money on pay day.
– ever assume an electric fence isn’t on.
The quickest way to get a horse to poop is to muck out the stable and add new beddding
Posted on August 26, 2013, in General, Stable Management and tagged diabetes, electric fence, equestrian, equestrian humour, equestrianism, horses, ireland, irish equestrianism, irish humour, KFC, obesity, pay day, pigs, stables, wheres wally]. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.